Rapid Application Development, is a myth! Quality is often sacrificed in
exchange for rapid development cycles. The increasing complexity of today’s
software development environments means quality assurance needs to be a common
theme throughout the requirements, specifications, development, testing,
deployment and maintenance cycles. By targeting quality assurance as the focal
point of the development effort you can assure that the project timeline is met
in addition to delivering a high quality product. These goals will be achieved
1. The user is involved at each juncture in the development process.
2. Requirements are concisely translated into programming specifications.
3. Test planning begins during requirements phase before a line of code is written.
4. Clearly defined change control processes are implemented and adhered to.
5. Unit, functional, integration, stress and user acceptance testing criteria are all clearly established and met prior to deployment.
Anyone can write code, these are the five keys to quality that will assure a successful application development project.
and manage the architecture, development, testing, deployment and support of
leading edge application software technologies. Moving clients from older
mainframe based technologies to client server and web-based platforms,
architecting solutions that integrate mainframe, client server and web enabled
technologies into a cohesive symbiotic multi-platform operational environment.
Services encompass the full life-cycle application development processes. Operational requirements are defined as the result of Joint Application Development (JAD) meetings that bring both users and developers to the table to define and clarify the requirements. Detailed programming specifications are developed from the operational requirements. Tools and processes are put in place to facilitate expedient development and testing without sacrificing quality. Detailed plans are developed for unit, functional, integration, stress and user acceptance testing. Users and developers are intimately involved in the application test planning and execution processes.